What Is A Sod Cutter?
Sod cutters are lawn tools used for cutting and removing strips of grass from their roots with the soil still intact off the lawn. They are also used to completely cut off grass or weeds on a lawn area, or create strips of sod in a new area to transplant the uprooted grass.
What Is A Sod Cutter Used For?
The sod cutter is designed with a metal roller and sharp blades at the base, which it uses to carefully take out unwanted grass or weeds from their roots, without damaging the lawn’s landscape. This design makes the sod cutter the most efficient tool to remove sod off the lawn.
Sod Cutter Rental Stores
You can rent a sod cutter from most garden tool centers and home improvement stores across the United States and Canada. Home Depot or Lowes stores are sure locations to rent any sod cutter of your choice.
How Much Does A Sod Cutter Cost?
Sod cutters vary in sizes and design. They exist in manual and gas-powered types which accounts largely for its cost. However, the average cost of a sod cutter ranges between $1,000-$2,500.
Renting Vs Buying A Sod Cutter
Renting or buying a sod cutter depends on the nature of the project and the frequency of its use, sod cutters are used for professional and commercial purposes.
If you require a sod cutter to carry out maintenance work on your private lawn property which in most cases is for a one-time purpose, the use of the sod cutter is minimal. Therefore, renting a sod cutter to carry a one-time maintenance on the lawn is cost-beneficial.
However, if you require a sod cutter for commercial sod cutting operations over a large lawn area, this means there will always be continuous need for the sod cutter. Therefore, going for an outright purchase of the sod cutter is cost-beneficial, as you can always get to use the sod cutter without going through rental hassles.
Sod Cutter Rental At Home Depot
Home Depot offers tool rental for sod cutters. You can rent Classen sod cutters from Home Depot for relocating or repositioning sod, expanding or establishing flower beds. Home Depot also boasts of a variety of other high quality sod cutters in its inventory.
Home Depot Sod Cutter Rental Price
The rental cost for sod cutters at Home Depot is charged on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis. They are represented in the format below:
- Hourly (4hrs): $71
- Daily: $102
- Weekly: $408
- Monthly: $1,224
Note: The prices represented above may likely vary among Home Depot store locations across the United States and Canada. Therefore, it is important to verify the rental cost of a sod cutter in your local Home Depot store before renting.
How To Rent A Sod Cutter From Home Depot
Renting a sod cutter from Home Depot is pretty simple. The following procedures should properly guide on how to rent a sod cutter. They include:
- Login to Home Depot’s official website for information on its tool rental program.
- Select a rental store location using the store directory feature displayed on the platform.
- Check for the rental price and availability of the sod cutter in your selected Home Depot rental store location.
- Read through the rental policy of the sod cutter, ascertain documents to be submitted for the sod cutter, and choose a delivery method.
- Proceed to make payment for your preferred sod cutter using a valid credit card.
Sod Cutter Rental At Lowes
Lowes also offers tool rental for sod cutters. Contained in its inventory, are high quality sod cutters produced by the best manufacturers. You can find the right sod cutter to handle that lawn project of yours in quick time.
Lowes Sod Cutter Rental Cost
Sod cutter rental cost at Lowes is charged on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis. Represented below are the rental costs of sod cutters at Lowes:
- Hourly: $70
- Daily: $102
- Weekly: $410
- Monthly: $1,228
Note: The above prices may likely vary among Lowes rental store locations worldwide.
How To Rent A Sod Cutter From Lowes Online
To rent a sod cutter from Lowes, you must follow through some simple steps. They include:
- Visit the official website of Lowes for information on its tool rental program.
- Using the store directory option on the site, select your Lowes local rental store location.
- Check for the rental price and availability of the sod cutter in the selected local store location.
- Look up the sod cutter’s rental policy, ascertain documents to be submitted for the tool rental, and choose a delivery method.
- Proceed to make payment for the sod cutter using a valid credit card, if satisfied with the terms and conditions surrounding the tool rental.
Cheapest Store To Rent A Sod Cutter
The rental cost for sod cutters at Home Depot, stands at $71-$1224, while at Lowes is between $70-$1,228. Therefore, the rental cost for sod cutters at Home Depot are relatively cheaper as compared to Lowes.