What Is An Auger?
An auger is a drilling device that is used for making holes in wood or in the ground. Augers are useful for tackling hole digging jobs like installing posts and fences, for agricultural works like pruning and planting of seeds.
Is An Auger Really Necessary?
Augers are efficient for drilling holes through wood. The auger is designed with a rotating helical screw blade which is used to drill holes into the wood, also acting as a screw conveyor to remove the drilled material from the wood.
The auger is also designed to make holes of consistent lengths and widths, thus making it efficient for the task of drilling holes in the right positions and measurements.
How Much Does A Brand New Auger Cost?
The cost of an auger ranges between $700-$2000, depending on its design, size and nature of use. Augers exist in three main types, which include: Wood Augers, Ice Augers, and Earth Augers.
Should You Rent Or Buy An Auger?
Renting or buying an auger depends on the nature of the project being executed, and the frequency of its need.
If the need of an auger is a one-time job of drilling holes in the ground for seed planting or pruning your lawn, the need of an auger in this case is minimal and for perhaps a one-time purpose. At such, renting an auger will be cost beneficial to you.
On the other hand, if you need the auger as a carpenter to aid in efficiently drilling holes in wood or wooden surfaces, or as a contractor in installing fences, posts or pipes, the need of the auger in this case is for a large-scale commercial purpose. Therefore, a one-time purchase of an auger will save you the cost of always renting to execute other projects.
Home Depot Auger Rental
Home Depot provides tool rental for Augers. You can take advantage of its online platform to get information on its wide variety of tool inventory which is home to any kind of auger you need to own that project of yours. Home Depot boats of nothing less but quality.
Auger Rental Cost At Home Depot Near You
The cost of renting an auger from Home Depot depends on its length of use. Home Depot charges hourly, daily, weekly and monthly rents on auger, distinguished by One-man Augers and Two-man Augers. They are represented below as follows:
- Hourly (4hrs): $56
- Daily: $80
- Weekly: $320
- Monthly: 960
- Hourly (4hrs): $69
- Daily: $99
- Weekly: $196
- Monthly: $1,188
Note: The above are just averages, peculiar to a particular store. It is therefore important to note that prices charged on auger rental vary among Home Depot stores worldwide.
How To Rent An Auger From Home Depot
To rent an auger from Home Depot, you follow through carefully these procedures. They include:
- First login to Home Depot’s official site.
- Using the navigation search bar, type in the keyword Auger, to access the inventory of assorted augers.
- Check for the availability and the price of the auger in any of its stores closest to you using the store directory option.
- Read through the rental policy to know about the terms and conditions of renting an auger, the documents to be submitted for the tool rental, and choose a delivery medium that suits you.
- Proceed to make payment for your preferred Auger tool with a valid credit card.
Auger Rental At Lowes | Lowe’s Equipment Rental Program
Lowes also offers tool rental for Augers. It is another home improvement company that boasts of a well-stocked inventory of any tool you need to get the job done. You can rent high quality augers at Lowes, visit their official site to pick one for your use.
Auger Rental Cost At Lowes
The cost of rent charged on Auger at Lowes also depends on the length of use. Lowes also charges rent on Augers on an hourly, daily, weekly and monthly basis. It is represented as shown below:
- Hourly: $50
- Daily: $75
- Weekly: $305
- Monthly: $945
- Hourly: $65
- Daily: $97
- Weekly: $350
- Monthly: $1,120
Note: The above prices also vary among Lowes stores worldwide.
How To Rent An Auger Online From Lowes
Renting an Auger at Lowes is also easy. Lowes adopts similar procedures to Home Depots in renting an auger. They include:
- Visit Lowes official site to access its well-stocked inventory of tool rentals.
- Type in the keyword Auger in the navigation search bar to browse through its assorted auger types.
- Using the store directory option, check for the availability and price of your preferred auger in the store location closest to you.
- Look up the rental policy for the auger to ascertain the terms and condition for rental.
- Proceed to make payment using a valid credit card.
Auger Rental Prices | Home Depot Vs Lowes
Judging from the prices charged on auger rental by both home improvement companies, Lowes charged less for one-man augers as compared to Home Depot. While for two-man augers, Home Depot is the preferred choice.